petek, 16. avgust 2019

Ice cream summer fun with Lindy's gang and Woodouts

Hello dear crafty friends. I was away for some time now due to some serious health issues, but I'm so so happy and excited to be back with you to share with you my creations made with gorgeous Lindy's gang products and maybe inspire you along the way.

Summer with kids is always about a lot of water, sun, fun and of course... ice cream. The last one can not be missing. I'm just trying to tell my kids that they realy don't have to have it each single day. :) I'm not succeding at the moment! :) So when I got this gorgeous ice cream Woodouts base in my hands I knew I had to make something beautiful with it. And of course Lindy's are perfect to alter it into a beautiful piece of art.






I first covered my ice cream base with a coat of white gesso. When dry I applied some texture paste. I added Finnabair Gold Crackle texture paste on the bottom part with the cone and I made some notches into it with a tool to create a cone-like texture on it. I then sprinkled some embossing powder "Gilded Burgundy Brass" on top. I waited a bit till the crackle paste dried a bit on air, because when heating it with a tool, crackles are not so stressed. Then I heated it with hot gun to melt the embossing powder. On the upper part with ice cream I added some Finnabair Light texture paste and applied it with dabbing with my brush to create a look of the ice cream. 

I colored the bottom part using several Lindy's sprays going from lighter to darker shades - Steampunk Sepia, Gossamer Gold, Incadescent Copper as well as two shades of Squirts - Maple Syrup Bronze and Beaver Tail Brown. I colored the upper part with several pink shades - Chateau Rose, Cotton Candy Pink, Pink Ladies Pink, Raspberry Lemonade and used few different embossing powders on top before heating with a heat gun - Raspberry Lemonade, Cosmic Pink Blue and a bit of Hi Maintenance Magenta. 

I added some dry gesso on top and emphasized the lines on the cone a bit with white acrylic paint. I also distressed the edges of a cone a bit with a dark brown color. 

After the mixed media part was finished I added some paper cut-outs, some beautiful paper flowers and resin embellishments. To finish my piece off I added some art stones and few white splashes with diluted white acrylic paint.

Here are some detailed photos for you:





I've also prepared a video tutorial for you on Lindy's gang Youtube channel to follow along if you wish to:


You can find Lindy's products I used for my project in their online store:
Hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your summer days and see you again soon!
Hugs, Aleksandra

1 komentar:

  1. Super post! I appreciate your writing effort to share the informative post. I was searching for a website for a long time where I can get relevant information. I am so happy to find this website which has quality content for reading. Thanks for sharing it.
    Business Plan Template

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Your comments make my day! <3