petek, 19. april 2019

Old-fashioned Altered Sewing Machine with Lindy's and Graphic 45

Hello dear friends. I promised you another interesting project for today and here it goes.

 I hope your day is going well. Mine has been very creative as I have just finished my inspiration for you for the amazing Lindy's gang blog. This time I went all wild and altered a chipboard sewing machine that I got from amazing 14 craft bar store. I used some Graphic 45 papers - a Deluxe Collector's Edition of "A Ladies Diary", beautiful, soft Vintage paper and made a sewing box out of it. It was a lot of work, but so worth the time spent. I love it and hope you'll like it too.

My black Lindy's sprays are usually quietly sitting on my shelfs. I admit... I don't often use them, since I don't often make "dark" projects. But I'm doing them an injustice since they are really really gorgeous. So today's project was perfect, I decided to alter the sewing machine in an old-fashioned vintage way - black with some gold touches.
















I first put together my chipboard sewing machine. It was actually quite time-consuming.
I then colored the sewing machine first with a coat of white gesso. I made a mixture of white gesso, white texture paste and some sand and mini art stones. I added the mixture on some parts of my sewing machine, especially the edges. I then started coloring it. I first added a coat of plain black Lindy's spray - Blazing Black Flat Fabio and then on top a coat of gorgeous Frolic in the Forest Black Starburst spray. I then add some golden touches with Finnabair Vintage Gold Mettalique wax. At the end, I embellished the sewing machine and box with Graphic 45 Ladies Diary collection and put everything together. I also used some new Antique Gold Magical shaker to mix it with a texture paste and color small props with it (thread discs,...). 


I've also made a video tutorial, which you can find on mine and Lindy's gang youtube channel.


Hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!
Hugs, Aleksandra

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

Your comments make my day! <3