torek, 7. februar 2017

Butterfly tree trunk nest

I just love Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook collection. It's like it was made for me. The love at first sight! :) So I went and played a little bit more with it. I took a glass jar and made a tree trunk with it. I fussy cut a bunch of butterflies from the Nature Sketcbook papers and attached them to a wire and position them so it seems like butterflies are flying from their nest in the tree trunk. I fussy cut also a lot of grass plants and ferns along with some tiny insects and bees. I like how it turned out. I added a quote that is a part of the collection and is one of my favourite ones. It says: "Happiness is like a butterfly. If you sit down quietly, it may light upon you."

I made a video tutorial and you can find it at the end of this post. Hope you'll like my project and enjoy the tutorial.

Hugs,
Aleksandra













2 komentarja:

  1. Very cool piece! I love how your butterflies are exploding out of the hollow log! I made a hollow log for a squirrel last year out of a bread crumb canister and lots of foil and masking tape. I would have never guessed this started out as a jar!Fabulous work! Now I'm inspired to get to work on my second one!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you so so much Sara for your nice words! It means a world to me! I would love to see what you were inspired to make, so please, do show me, when you'll be finished with your project.
      Hugs,
      Aleksandra

      Izbriši

Your comments make my day! <3