petek, 18. maj 2018

Magical Unicorn altered mixed media box

Hi dear crafty friends. :) It's my turn to inspire you today on Lindy's blog and mine. Today I have for you something soft, gentle, sweet and magical.  Inspired by a cake I saw some time ago,  I altered a box and turned it into a real Unicorn with gorgeous rainbow Unicorn's hair made with flowers and Lindy's Magical colors.



I first colored the box with white gesso and covered it with white crackle texture paste.
Next, I started to work on Unicorn's horn. I used styrofoam cone as a base and I put some felting wool around it that I shaped and fixed with some Tex art medium.
Attach the cone to the box and color it with gorgeous "Grab a guy gold" magical shaker.
Sprinkle it with some gold glitter when still wet.


I then added ears that I cut out from paper and covered with texture paste and started adding flowers to form Unicorn's hair. I covered flowers with white gesso, added some art stones and started adding colors on top with "Grab a guy gold", "Magnolia magenta gold", "Guten tag teal" magical shakers and color of the month "French lilac violet" starburst spray.
Of course, I sprinkled some white glitter on top when still wet to add a magical touch! To finish, I painted the ears and added eyelashes that I printed and fussy cut.





There is also the video tutorial on Lindy's gang and my youtube channel, for all those of you, who'd like to try it for yourself.


Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and see you soon!
Hugs, Aleksandra


1 komentar:

Your comments make my day! <3